Join the Team
I’m interested in becoming a Safe Zone team member. How do I participate?
Getting involved is simple. Attend a Safe Zone training sponsored by the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and the SGM Special Emphasis Portfolio to become a member of the Safe Zone team. The training furthers your understanding and challenges your perceptions of sex, sexuality, gender, and human difference in a safe atmosphere.
Check regularly for upcoming training.
WHO’S ON THE TEAM?
Our Community Consultants
- Ms. Sara Bendoraitis, Director
Programming, Outreach, and Advocacy for the Center for Diversity and Inclusion, American University
- Mr. Matt Bruno, Coordinator
LGBTQ Programming, Center for Diversity and Inclusion, American University
- Mr. Masen Davis, Executive Director
Transgender Law Center
- Dr. Monique Moultrie, Assistant Professor of Religion
Georgia State University
- Ms. Donna Payne, Associate Director Field Outreach
Human Rights Campaign
- Dr. Michael Shutt, Assistant Dean for Campus Life/Director of the Office of LGBT Life