Twitter Chat: Using Pronouns to Demonstrate Allyship
Event Date:Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Bali White, Sexual & Gender Minority Strategist, EDI
- Karen Parker, Director of the Sexual & Gender Minority Research Office
- Louis Choporis, Management Analyst, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences
- Gemma Martin, Post baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Awardee, Griffith Lab, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- Vanessa White, Program Analyst, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
Event Host(s):The Office of Equity, Diversity, and InclusionThe Sexual & Gender Minority Research Office
Twitter chats have proven to be effective tools offering many benefits—particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic—including building a strong sense community, learning from others, and providing a safe space for meaningful dialogue.
Please join EDI and the SGM Research Office for this Twitter chat on how to better use pronouns for more effective allyship using #NIHPronounAlly. With the assistance of our guest diversity experts, we will moderate a one-hour discussion to bring awareness and education around the topic of SGM pronoun use and allyship.
Do you have a story idea for us? Do you want to submit a guest blog? If it's about equity, diversity, or inclusion, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For news, updates, and videos, follow or subscribe to EDI on: Twitter, Instagram, Blog, YouTube.